The Bureau of Vital Statistics can now issue certified copies of Birth Certificates for everyone born in the state of Ohio. Ohio is an “open record” state, and vital records (births and deaths) are considered to be public records by the State of Ohio. This means that anyone who can submit the basic facts of a certificate may request a copy of it.

You do not need identification such as a driver’s license or social security card to get a birth or death certificate.  You may fill out the form below prior to arrival.

We have birth and death records for anyone born or died in the city limits of East Liverpool dating to December 20, 1908. For more information about older records that are archived to the Ohio Historical Society, visit Ohio Vital Statistics

9:00 am – 12:00 pm 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Monday-Friday except holidays
Most days we are also open during 12:00pm-1:00pm.

Please call the office to confirm hours during lunchtime hours.

Birth and Death Certificates will have the embossed seal and are $26.50 per certificate. Plastic covers are available for protection for an additional $1.00.
We accept cash, money order, or charge/debit card. (We do not accept personal checks). If paying with a credit card, there will be an additional processing fee paid to Municipay of 3% or a minimum of $3.00. An additional .75 for postage and envelope for orders made over the phone to be mailed out.


An application will need to be filled out with the following information:

  • Full name as listed on the birth certificate
  • Sex (male or female)
  • Date of Birth
  • Mother’s maiden name
  • Hospital

How to make corrections to child’s birth certificate?

Birth Affidavits are available for corrections on birth certificate such as a misspelling of a name, gender, etc. Such affidavits must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public. There is no cost to process the change in addition to the cost for a certified copy.

How can I add the father’s name to my child’s birth certificate?

The voluntary acknowledgement process refers to completion of a form known as an Acknowledgment of Paternity. You can complete this at the hospital when your child is born, before both parents leave the hospital. It can also be completed at your local Child Support Enforcement Agency or at the local health department.

Where do I contact for information about adoption records?

ADOPTION RECORDS are found through the Ohio Department of Health. (614) 466-2531
ORC 3705.29 (A) (3)