DEPARTMENT OFFICERS & CONTACT INFORMATION
ALTHOUGH THE EAST LIVERPOOL CITY COURT IS CLOSED, WE ARE STILL PROSECUTING DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS.
This means that those served with a summons now have to go to the Columbiana County Court in Lisbon for court apperances instead of here in the City.
To avoid this, all residents, ages 18 to 65 (if retired), regardless of whether or not you had any income, need to make sure all their tax returns are filed (currently from 2015 to present) and either paid in full or have a Payment Plan Agreement on file, with regular, monthly payments being made.
If you are not sure if your account is up-to-date give us a call and we will let you know what is needed.
The building is open to the public.
- Filing is MANDATORY for all residents over the age of 17 to 65 years (without taxable income).
- Copies of page 1 of your Federal return, Sch 1, Sch’s C & E (if applicable) and W2’s are required.
- If you did not work, you must obtain a Record of Earnings statement from the Social Security office or their website: ssa.gov
- Even though the building is now open to the public, you may still use the drop-off box inside the handicap entrance for return information or payments. It is checked 3 times a day and video monitored.
- Information can be faxed to (330)386-7865 or emailed to one of the links on this page.
- Local income tax is 1.5% of taxable wages, self-employment income, rental income, lottery/gambling winnings, commissions and net profit earned by businesses within City limits.
- Unemployment, social security, and retirement income IS NOT taxable to the City.
Note: Interest applies to any balance of tax due that is not paid by the due date of a return, even if the return is filed under an extension.
|Calendar Year||Monthly Interest Rate||Yearly Interest Rate|
Credit Card Payments
Credit card payments can be made online or by phone only, we cannot accept credit card payments in the office.
By Phone: 1-800-272-9829
- SELECT Option 3: “Property Tax or all other payments”
- Jurisdiction code: 8458
- Follow prompts.
There is a $1.50 charge for phone payments in addition to convenience fees listed.
- Select “Local Payments”, then under State or territory drop box “Ohio”
- Under “Payment Entity” select “East Liverpool, City of OH”
- Under “Payment Type” select “Local Wage Tax Payments”
You will receive an email confirmation.
There will be charges as follows:
- a Credit card charge of 3.45% – $5.20 min.
- a Debit card charge of 1.33%-$1.33 min.
- an ACH payment fee of $1.16
NSF fees will be $5.95 to the bank AND $40.00 to Income Tax Office.
Any problems with phone or online payments?
DO NOT CALL THIS OFFICE, WE CANNOT HELP.
Call 24 hr help line: (609)606-3572 – Option 3